Friday, September 3

Boats

Two things-
1. Ruby loves boats.  She loves to play 'boat'.  It is a fun thing for her and she is always pretending that her bed or the couch or a chair or a random anything is a boat.
2. We have no toys- except for Henry and a few essentials.  When you have no toys you need to get creative.
So we did.
And we made these.
I would be lying if I didn't say that I love my boat design.  And Noni loved it too...

Ruby got a little bit lonely so she went and picked up some friends to take along for the ride.  We had to do some adjusting afterward- since she had so much stuff in there she couldn't even fit in herself...

I was so proud of Ruby- she really did well decorating her own box.  We had a lot of fun!
Even Myers got involved!
Maybe a little too involved.  I found a googly eye in his mouth...  I wonder if I will find one staring at me from somewhere less desirable tomorrow....


 And he may need to hone his 'getting out of the boat skills'.  He just couldn't seem to figure it out today.
 

He may not be able to figure out how to get out of a boat but here is a picture of him STANDING.
I can't believe it.  This kid is crazy.


It was a lot of fun seeing Ruby's creative side.  And as I was laying down with her tonight I asked her what her favorite part of the day was- and after some thought she said 'making the boats.'  And that is saying a lot since we also went swimming in our pool today....
And she loves to swim.
Tomorrow on the agenda- Homemade strawberry freezer jam.
It is going to be awesome!
Oh and locating a cheap, working washer and dryer.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the pictures!! And I really love your boats. They are awesome... but Ruby's is especially creative, so I give hers a ten. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cheryl,
    Awesome job, I love reading about your travels and thanks for sharing your family letter with us also. Your children are beautiful! The years have just flown by, have fond memories of when your family was in Altario. So happy for your parents building a new home in the Hat. Hopefully we'll get to see them now & then since Tara lives there as well. Take care

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails