Thursday, February 2

Impromptu Candlemas of 2012

Candlemas-  I love Candlemas.
This year we happened to be in Alberta around the time that Candlemas should be taking place.  So we thought- why not?  And we had ourselves a small celebration of the holiday that has grown to mean so much to us.  It wasn't our usual 'cram 500 people into a house that holds 10' party but it was enjoyable all the same.
We made 7 pounds worth of crepes and ate every last one.  They were delicious.  
My personal favorite is banana, chocolate pudding and whipped cream.
Delicious.
The kids loved Candlemas too!
I mean really?  Who doesn't?
There I am, eating my signature crepe...
And  close up- you don't want to get too close- it can get ugly...
Can't leave out the founder of Candlemas!!  There he is in all his glory...  Along with a couple of newbies!
And of course- the Candlemas talent show.  I wrote a little ditty myself- as I tend to do.  It turned out ok- we could have used a little bit of practice and some cameras and phones that had sufficient memory and battery.  I don't know if the full rendition got recorded or not.
But just for your enjoyment, and so I won't forget it- here it is.
It is sung to the tune of Bruno Mars' song- Just the way you are.

Oh, her size, her size, make the plates look like they're not shining

Her pears, her pears, fall perfectly without her trying

Its so beautiful, and I'd eat it every day

Yeah, I know, I know, when I compliment her she won't believe me

And it's so, it's so, sad to think that she don't see what I see

But every time she asks me do I taste ok, I say

When I see you crepe, there's not a thing that I would change

Cause you're amazing, just the way you are

And when you pile, the whole room stops and stares for a while

Holy crepe  you're amazing, just the way you are(yeah)

It’s crisp, It’s crisp, I would eat it all day if she let me

This half, this half, she tastes so heavenly

It's so beautiful, and I eat her every day

Oh, you know, you know, you know, I'd never ask you to change

If perfect's what you're searching for then just stay the same

So, don't even bother asking if you taste ok

You know I'll say

When I see you crepe, there's not a thing that I would change

Cause you're amazing, just the way you are

And when you pile, the whole world stops and stares for a while

Holy crepe you're amazing, just the way you are

I should have been a song writer- I know... You should see my other Candlemas renditions. It is probably one of my least known passions....
You can see one of them here, and here. Sadly I don't have a video of the time we did Wicked the Candlemas Musical- but take my word for it- it was LEGENDARY!

4 comments:

  1. what is candlemas??? is it a canadian thing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We loved our first Candlemas celebration!!!!! and your song, genius!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to go with Baby hands. "hands" down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite crepe would have to be the green crepe. Spinach, broccoli, banana, carrot, and a dash of emergen-c powder for a little sweetness. That or the pickle & marshmallow crepe. Also a big hit on Candlemas!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails