Monday, June 8

Strong

There is snow outside-
Ok not right now but there was snow outside a few days ago-
(I am a little bit behind in my blogging- if you hadn't noticed- and I found that my first line loses a little bit of its lustre if I say- there WAS snow outside instead of there IS snow outside)
Anyway-
There is snow outside right now- in the middle of June- in Alberta
Not a big surprise.
This is the point in a blog where the complaining begins- but not in this blog
I am going to look at this snow as an interesting event that helped to shape us Albertans into who we are- and if you like you may change Albertans to Canadians- though I am not entirely convinced that you all experience it like we do.
( Now don't go sending me hate-blogs- I don't mean anything by it I just think SOME of you not ALL of you have it pretty nice)
Anyway snow in June
On the radio as Justin was driving to work they said something along the lines of- 'Well it is pretty normal to have snow in June since it is a transition month from winter to spring'
WHAT!?
June 21 is summer solstice- that would indicate that we are nearing summer from spring- which means spring is almost OVER>>>>
Silly radio personalities
Anyway I don't think people should be trying to explain the snow away- I say embrace it- enjoy the forced day inside. Its not like the snow even lasts a full day anyway!
I think this snow in spring almost summer- makes us Albertans STRONG- Bring it on...
We can do anything if we can endure snow anytime of the year
Anyway- now that that snowfall is out of the way I am going to enjoy the rest of my sunny hot weather!!

On another note- I am not dead, I still have fingers, and my brain is somewhat alert= I just have no energy so my blog has suffered. I am going to do better- I swear.
I have had a few emails from concerned readers- snelldogs will live on- I will try to force some creativity out of me.....

1 comment:

  1. I won't say "suck it up princess", mostly because I always found that to be kinda mean...but usually sort of true. In this case though you have a validish excuse so I will continue to pop in for updates even if they are few and far between and even a little depressing...like snow! I hope you are feeling better soon and then you can blog about that...and then have some energy to make your way over to jjandb and make some comments...since I am a much better commenting blog reader then you...just saying...

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you have to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails